Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New products New foods

I feel like even if I get the recommended hours of sleep, I STILL have dark circles under my eyes. So I sought out the saving grace that is under eye concealer. After wasting money on products that made the issue worse, I finally stumbled across two excellent products that work wonders for me.
o
I use the Loreal face primer in medium deep around my eyes and nose. It really does help to even out the skin tone and camouflage redness and dark circles. And because I am a tad obsessed with my dark circles, I stumbled upon the Amazing Cosmetics line at Sephora.  I have to admit its a bit pricey for a tube of concealer but the sales lady wasn't just talking...a little goes a super long way. It may not seem like it but I'm actually not a huge makeup person. I go through phases when I can't walk out the door without a full face of foundation and lashes! After that month or so of makeup obsession, I give my skin a break...I get this whole, "why paint the peacock" attitude. (It's sad that I'm 26 and I reference Golden Girls like everyone should know who said that quote...)










 
Ok so to piggy back off of yesterdays post about getting back on track in terms of food, I went to whole foods after work today and picked up a few new things. Usually my go to snack for healthy eating is a handful of almonds and dried cranberries, pre lunch and pre dinner. For the latter, since I"m at home by that time I decided to try something else. Kashi blueberry waffles with almond butter and some crushed up almonds on top. 

For my sweet cravings I indulge a bit in these Nonni biscotti sticks. They go so well with a small cup of black coffee for an after dinner snack. I'm a fan of the original flavor but my need for chocolate is allowing me to try the decadence kind. At 100 calories I don't feel so bad...

Some other new (new to me!) things I threw in the cart are Boca Burger Vegan patties (which I cannot WAIT to try!), Parmesan cous cous (probably should have stuck to the original flavor but whatev!),  and Oikos Greek vanilla flavored yogurt. I always shop with a budget in mind, so the bulk of the money goes to the fresh veggies and fruit, chicken and fish for the week, then whatever I have left I get things that I cant experiment with!

If you have any healthy recipies please feel free to share!

XO Chloe'

10 comments:

  1. You should share some health tips. I have horrible eating habits but I do understand the importance of incorporating healthy foods in one's diet, however I know I should do it more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a good idea. I think I'm going to try this recipe I saw on Naptural85's youtube channel. I love her approach to cooking so I think I'll attempt a post on one of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the worst eating habits! I heard about Kashi but Ive never tried their products.



    Practically Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to bake a lot of my foods esp my meats. I do a lot of veggies and I drink plenty of water.

    www.iwouldsorockthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stanique, I'm going to try the waffles tomorrow, I'll let you know how that goes :)

    RC...I definitely need to drink more water! I'm a tea and coffee drinker...maybe I'll try those flavor packets with my water...or coconut water? Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blueberry waffles sound so good! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds....however, I need a product for under eye puffiness ASAP!!! Have you run across anything worth trying?

    www.fashionpad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't think i've heard of the Nonni..but it sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprising huh! It actually didn't hurt. Ear piercings hurt 10 times worse.

    ReplyDelete